Luxury watches go beyond keeping time and represent success, a high-end lifestyle, and prestige such as Rolex, Audemars Piguet, Patek Philippe, Cartier, Panerai, and Vacheron & Constantin to name a few. These exclusive timepieces are composed of the finest materials using the highest quality precious metals to retain the value and protect the watch while retaining the professional polish to hold its appearance for many years.
Fine Luxury watch brands have different manufacturing features that sets them apart from the other luxury brands. Rolex, a Swiss luxury watch brand based in Geneva, Switzerland uses a special steel that is expensive but gives their watches that noticeable look for decades. Some watch brands and models have more value than others and command a higher price in the pre-owned watch market.
An important factor to consider when you are wondering “how to sell my watch” is to know the model. This will tell you if the watch is a limited edition run or if they are currently producing it.
When it comes to production high-end luxury watchmakers construct their timepieces using specially made movements only produced by them in house. This is what makes the watches so expensive. Some luxury brand movements are handmade and are more expensive.
A watch that is considered to be “complicated” can have many different operating functions. Some examples are watches that display the hours, minutes, day, date, week, calendar, chronograph, moon phases, and different time zone functions all add to the cost of the luxury watch. The more complicated the higher the price. Other factors that are helpful to know if the watch was handmade and how detailed the design.
Condition is important when selling a luxury watch. A higher price will be paid when your watch doesn’t have any scratches or other easily noticeable signs of wear.
To determine the condition of watch we use these guidelines:
- Excellent – Mint condition, hardly worn at all and contains all original parts. Note: Tiny minute scratches on bracelet of watch, watch is ready to resell.
- Good – Well cared for by owner, runs perfect, well serviced. Clasp and bracelet are in good shape. May need a professional polish to make like new.
- Average – Watch needs a complete service and polish. Worn as an everyday watch. Visible scratches on bracelet. Crystal needs to be replaced. Price will be discounted to cover watch repair and polish expenses. We will still buy your watch.
When selling a pre-owned luxury watch near me or to sell a used watch in general an important consideration is to determine its rarity and collectability. We are luxury watch buyers and pay the best price for watches. As watch buyers we will evaluate your watch based on supply and demand, condition, as well as carefully checking the watch for repairs that need to be made to help ensure and restore the watch value.
7. Market Price
The first thing people search when they are thinking to sell my watch is “what is my watch worth”? The selling process should begin with the brand name, approximate or exact age, and model of your watch. Secondly, and just as important is an accurate evaluation and a research of current market price within the last year for the same watch. We will research the current watch market price for your watch and offer you a fair and competitive price.
8. Box and Papers
It is extremely helpful when a luxury watch buyer is buying a watch from a customer that has the bill of sale, manuals, and all its original boxes, in addition to the certificate of origin or warranty paperwork that came with the watch when it was bought. When presented with items mentioned above determining the watch value makes it easier to research and resell. Brands that use sequential numbering like Rolex, Panerai, and Audemars Piguet can key in on the year of production and this can be found online for these luxury watch brands. Age of the watch needs to be considered but doesn’t mean it will affect the used watch price. Having a vintage watch in good condition with a certain model number are of great value. Please check with us to help you sell your watch for best price.
How Much Is My Luxury Watch Worth?
When you are looking to “sell your watch for best price”, or just searching “sell watch” the true value of your watch depends on a few important factors.
1. As Luxury Watch buyers the first step in selling your watch is to make sure it is authentic and all the components are original.
2. Is the watch a special edition or a limited production?
3. Is watch a modern or vintage model?
4. The size of watch, usually measured in millimeters. Bigger faced watches are in style and are higher in price.
5. What was the retail selling price?
6. Does watch have an automatic Swiss movement?
7. The complexity of the watch (how detailed is the design)
8. What is it made of stainless steel, stainless and gold, yellow gold, white gold, rose gold.